I had an entire post written and it disappeared when I published. I am not happy. I’m also seldom happy with my finished books. There is always something I forgot or should have done better. I decided to try this one again. Content is the same. I made two changes in the structure going from a finished size of 5×8 inches to 5×7. Using a 30-inch wide Stonehenge print paper I was able to make the accordion with only 3 tabs instead of the tabs on each folded spread. Binding paper remains the same, but the curl is made with gold thread instead of rattail.
The curl has been infinitely frustrating to me. Fitting, since frustrations with curls is the point of the book. But I wanted the curl on the cover to look like the one printed under Never Shirley.