One of my favorite cousins, Barbara, asked me to include this in my blog. Until she emailed me I knew nothing about the Love/Avon Army of Women, an initiative "that connects breast cancer researchers via the internet with women who are willing to participate in a wide variety of research studies. The goal of the Army of Women is to recruit ONE MILLION MEN AND WOMEN of all ages and ethnicities, including breast cancer survivors and those who have never had breast cancer." To learn more about it go to the website.
I always worried about breast cancer, certain that was to be my fate; there was so much of it in my family. Since I got my heart disease diagnosis I don't worry about it so much for myself, but I have a daughter, a granddaughter and so many good friends.
Some things you should know about the AOW:
- You are signing up to be added to the Army of Women database to hear about research projects—signing up for the Army of Women does NOT sign you up for a study yet.
- The Army of Women Research Studies are prevention based, not clinical trials.
- Participants must be 18 and older–but we need ALL ethnicities–ALL ages. We need healthy women, women with cancer and women who are survivors.
- There is absolutely NO COST to join and take part in something this important. We are not asking for donations, just for women to sign up and agree to hear about studies. Participation in any of our studies is ALWAYS, COMPLETELY voluntary.
- Participants will be involved in important research to discover THE CAUSE of breast cancer–how to stop it before it starts.
- You have the ability to participate only in those projects that interest you.You can opt to decline any study invitation, or accept any invitation of their choosing.
- Current Projects: You can familiarize yourself with our current studies, what they require and what they are looking by reviewing our current, open studies here: www.armyofwomen.org/current
Join me, register here.